Melonie has brought so much to the Dazzler Team with her amazing marketing skills. She has helped with the Dazzle The Night Away Charity Concert for Haiti and is currently helping with the So You Think You Can Dazzle? Dance Competition. She has some great ideas to further the Dazzlers Future and I’m so glad to have her on the Team. Thank you so much Mel for everything. Hugs
Please click here to read Melonie’s Interview as well as more pics!
1. How long have you been in SL? from Nov 2007
2. When did you join Dazzlers Inc.? I am happy to say almost one year now.
3. Do you dance or model in RL? If so what do you do? No unfortunately I do not dance professionally, but dance every chance I get at home with my ballet video tapes, I put a wood beam down and practice balance beam dancing and when I go out…my free style dancing of course.
4. What drew you to audition for Dazzlers? I always loved to dance, even in real life, I can remember modern dance, ballet and my performance on the balance beam which won me a medal I am proud of. Dance was my first enjoyment when starting out in second life, then I met Vitality who is a Dazzler, and she advised I should try out. I had always looked up to her, and was very happy to have been offered to join the Dazzlers.
5. What is it that makes the team? I believe the love of dance, team effort and commitment is important. Everyone needs to give just as much as the other in order for a team to win at something, whatever it is.
6. What else do you do in SL? I love to take photographs in real life, and have them for show in second life. I attended a few art galleries as well. I have a store where I make poses and animations, called “Razmataz Art, Poses & Animations” such as Irish River Group Dance, Can Can Dance, Dance and clap hands, temper tantrums, vampire kiss, best kiss, ballet dances, balance beam, model runway poses, twirl on rope animations just to name a few.
I also video tape shows, and helped initiate and teach modeling at Maniera Institute of Style. I try to model and participate in fashion shows, mainly for charity. I love to go to live music events, I’ve played guitar since five years old…it’s amazing I can enjoy others talents from their home to mine in SL.
7. What has been your favorite moment from being apart of the team? Geez, I can’t think of any one moment , I enjoy every time we all get together, from all our practices to beating lag before a show, to up on that stage dancing and making everyone smile.
8. What do you look forward to doing in the future with them?
I guess just continue to perform as many places that we can, would love to do another Live Event since Dazzle the Night Away Haiti Event was so successful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dc1TsJ9pzE), We love to Entertain!
9. If asked what you would love to see the Dazzlers do what would it be? Most of the Dazzlers are Dancers in real life and also model in Second Life. Would love to create the dance animations, one dance part from each dazzler that they love, and create our very own Dazzlers Dance Routine.
10. What genre of dance is your favorite? I always love putting on my ballet outfit and shoes and dancing to Beyonce’s song Halo, since I use to do ballet in College and it brings back good memories.
11. When preparing for the shows what are some hints you have for other dancers/models? OK, hmmm my best advice would be to make sure you check your ARC, (advanced-rendering-infodisplays) to make sure your hair is not high in prims. Relax…if you are on time and everything in order, you will do fine 😉
12. You have helped out in so many ways other than just dancing..Can you name a few of the projects you have helped to coordinate? I helped with the Haiti Event, because I feel good doing charity events. I also try to advertise for the dazzlers at my store Razmataz, in events, in my picks, and talk about them …network. I am currently helping with our “Can you Dazzle-Dance Competition” coming up soon…so keep an eye out in my picks for information.
What Melonie is wearing:
Melonie Romano is wearing a fascinating new outfit created by Elettra Gausman from Orage Creations called As Miro.